First of all, it’s not for me to tell you how “smart” your home should be or what that “smart” should look like.
That being said, there’s a lot of REALLY PRACTICAL “smart” stuff that most people haven’t even heard of, as well as a lot of VERY FLASHY stuff that for most of us is a complete waste of time and money.
What does “Smart Home” even mean?
A smart home is any system that reduces your time or effort or contributes significant benefit or convenience.
WORTH IT …
- Lutron Caseta with Pico remotes
- Smart Bulbs or Smart Switches
- Smart Thermostat - Nest, Amazon, Ecobee
- Smart Blinds - Eve Smart Blinds @ Blinds.com
- Smart Security - Video Doorbells, Cameras, Ring Always Home Drone
- Smart Smoke Detectors, CO2, Air Quality
- Smart Leak Detectors, shut off valves and electrical panels
- Smart HVAC - Filter alerts, remote diagnostics
- Smart Irrigation
- Smart A/V - SONOS
WASTE of TIME …
- Smart refrigerators
- Robot vacuums
- WiFi Toaster? Really?