Our home is one of the most sacred and safe places in our life. Sometimes though, we can't control the size of our rooms and they just feel to small. It can be frustrating and many are unaware of what to do with that space. Well, that's why we have the House Whisperer! He's here to help you make the most of it. Below are some of his tips.
Don’t be frustrated - small spaces are the most difficult - every inch counts.
• Purge the clutter
• Daylight or darkness - go bold or go home
• Lighter cooler colors recede; they appear farther away.
• Darker warmer colors advance; they appear to move towards us.
• Glass, glass, glass - let the outside in and they become one
• Mirrors recycle light and space
• Keep the ceiling clear - that includes recessed can lights!
• Cover molding blurs the boundary between ceiling and wall
• Set curtains at the ceiling
• Be careful about door swings - pocket when possible
• Scale the flooring
• Scale the furniture but don’t shrink the furniture
• Keep furniture leggy - see more floor
• Keep the layout simple - spacial comfort is about view and flow, not square footage
• Dedicate the space - don’t go multipurpose
• Wall prints or patterns - don’t hold back
To hear more, listen to Dean explain it all below: