Photo: Getty Images
August is Back-To-School Month!
Which means there is probably someone in your life who is getting ready to move into their college dorm.
It's a scary process and as a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or friend you wan't to make this place feel like a home away from home.
It costs a lot of money, we get it. So we got to make sure we do it.
But here's some great news.
This also applies to renters.
These tips are interchangeable! They may not be exact, but for the most part renters can use these tips to make their rented space feel like home.
So here we go:
1. Review the rules - appliances, nails or push pins or removable hooks
2. Know the dimensions and the accommodations - DesignYourDorm.com
3. Teach your kid how to be human before you burden the world with their bad habits
4. Consult with the roommate to collaborate - stalk them on social media to learn tastes
5. Find your comfort words - if you’re not a designer don’t define a design, define an experience
6. Try out new stuff at home BEFORE you send them off
So, okay now that you've done this.
Be sure to get plants, appliances, security, bathroom supplies, lighting, rugs, wall design, but most of ALL prioritize the bed and everything that involves sleeping.
For more information, be sure to listen to Dean below: