A seven-year-old boy and a teenager are dead after a fire sparked by an e-bike's lithium-ion battery.
- The New York City blaze marks the city's fifth fatality in connection with the batteries so far this year.
- Fire officials say the flames broke out in the vestibule of the first floor of a residential building in Queens.
- The blaze quickly traveled upstairs, where a father and his children were staying.
- Four people were able to jump out of windows, but two did not survive.
- Officials say it is dangerous to store these bikes anywhere near an exit explaining, “This bike was right at the front door of the house and the occupants didn’t have a chance to get out of the building.”