From restaurants to the grocery stores, plant-based alternative meats are what's for dinner. "Plant Food + Wine" in Venice is known for its locally sourced plant-based cuisine, but a few weeks ago it added "black sheep" to the menu.
- It's one of the newest players in the growing market of meat alternatives.
- "We created this lamb that's better tasting than actual lamb," said Founder and CEO of Black Sheep Foods Sunny Kumar.
- "Black Sheep Foods makes plant-based foods of wild and gaming animals such as lamb, duck, boar... We can provide these amazing flavors that exist in the world that people can't get sometimes," he continued.
- Although it may look and taste like lamb, it's all vegetables.
- According to CBS, The plant-based business is booming, according to Sherry Frey, the Vice President of Total Wellness at Nielson IQ.
- According to a recent study by Nielsen, plant-based meat sales in the store soared more than 32% in the last three years but they are seeing those sales flatten as inflation has hit every aisle of the store.