Madeleine McCann's parents have asked the German woman claiming to be their missing daughter to take a DNA test to confirm her identity.
- The McCann's whose toddler was kidnapped in 2007 while on vacation in Portugal, allegedly have hope that Julia Wendell, 21, is their long-lost little girl.
- According to Radar Online, the 21-year-old went viral after she claimed to be Madeleine, with sources agreeing she has [a striking] resemblance to the McCann's [missing] daughter.
- In addition to allegedly being denied a DNA test from her family, Wendell said she has been unsuccessful in locating her birth certificate.
- [The McCann's] are taking no chances, they are willing to look at all leads. It is important they look at all of the factors, the girl does look similar.
- There’s no disputing that," a family insider shared.“If what she says is true, there is every chance it could be her. It all adds up.”