Nearly 300,000 Hyundai and Kia SUVs are being recalled over a wiring issue that's causing fires.
- The NHTS says a circuit board in the tow hitch can short out from accumulated debris and moisture, sometimes sparking electrical fires.
- Both companies are recommending that owners park their vehicles outdoors and away from buildings until they can be repaired.
- The recall includes the Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride SUVs with model years between 2020 and 2022.
- A final repair is still being developed, but owners can take their SUV to a dealer for a temporary repair.
- Are you an SUV person? What are the pros and cons?