The NBA will be honoring the late, great Bill Russell by retiring his number leaguewide.
- Russell's No. 6 will be retired by all 30 teams, starting this season. He's the first NBA player ever to be honored in such a fashion.
- In addition, NBA players will wear a special commemorative patch honoring Russell, and a special logo will be painted on the sideline of every NBA court.
- Commissioner Adam Silver said retiring No. 6 "ensures that Bill's transcendent career will always be recognized".
- Russell died July 31st at the age of 88.
- Are there any other NBA players who deserve to have their number retired by the league?