Will Smith posted a 5 minute YouTube video finally breaking his silence about the Oscars.
- In it, he answers the questions posed to him on social media about the incident.
- He starts by saying he reached out to Chris Rock but said the message that came back to him was Chris was not ready to talk.
- He apologized to Chris Rock's mother and his family. He said he wasn't thinking about how many people got hurt in that moment.
- He also apologized to his fellow nominees recognizing that he stole and tarnished their moment.
- I can still see Questlove's eyes, it happened on his award. I'm sorry really isn't sufficient
- Will said he is trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of himself because disappointing people is my central trauma. I hate when I let people down so it hurts, psychologically and emotionally to know I didn't live up to people's image and impression of me.
- Is Will's apology more sincere or less sincere because he took months before addressing it?