Beverly Hills man confessed on Tuesday to paying a 'hitman' $13,000 in bitcoin, to assassinate a woman he dated.
- After being accused of committing a federal murder-for-hire, Scott Quinn Berkett, 25, accepted a plea bargain in May.
- Authorities claim, the victim repeatedly made attempts to end their connection and labeled Berkett as "sexually aggressive."
- According to authorities, Berkett stated that he accessed the darkweb web for the services to request and pay for murder-for-hire services.
- Back in May 2021, Berkett was convinced that the individual he hired was a hitman when in reality it was undercover law enforcement.
- Berkett admitted to transferring a bitcoin payment and verified images of his target with the undercover cop.
- He requested proof of the woman's murder and paid the officer another $1,000 in bribes.
- September is the sentencing hearing for Berkett and could be sentenced up to 10 years in federal prison.