Air taxi's may be the thing of the future as alternate to combat LA traffic.
- Urban Movement Labs, a transportation-minded nonprofit launched by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti in 2019, and Overair, an electric vertical takeoff-and-landing company based in Santa Ana, are the two local companies that partnered up to create the an all encompassing experience for the everyday average LA driver.
- The “Butterfly” aircraft will be an alternative transportation option in metropolitan areas.
- Each Butterfly will be capable of carrying up to six people including the pilot.
- With only electric propulsion, they will be able to travel up to 200 mph for around 100 miles. According to company officials, the aircraft will be able to take off and land at existing pads used for helicopter maintenance.
- Sam Morrissey, Urban Movement’s executive director, says "the service won’t necessarily be cheap and will initially appeal to travelers with deeper pockets."