Tiger Woods will be sitting out this year's U.S. Open.
The 46-year-old golfer tweeted Tuesday that "my body needs more time to get stronger".
- His hope is to be ready in time for the JP McManus Pro-Am in Ireland next month.
- Woods returned to golf for the first time in more than a year at the Masters Tournament in April, but had to drop out of last month's PGA Championship due to an apparent leg injury.
- The U.S. Open is scheduled for June 16-19 in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- Will Tiger ever be able to play a full-time PGA schedule?
- Will he win another major?