If you are a renter, you've likely already noticed this.
- The latest rental data shows a 17% spike in major U.S. cities from just one year ago.
- Renters paid a median monthly rent of $1,807 in March, according to Realtor.com.
- The rise in rent, of course, varies greatly depending on the location.
- For example, in the Tampa, Florida area, the median rent is $2,114 -- 31% higher than in March of 2021.
- On the other end of the spectrum though, studio rentals in Chicago, San Francisco, San Jose, and Washington, D.C. were actually found to be priced below their pre-pandemic levels.
- Have you been forced to move in the past year because your rent spiked and you just couldn't afford it any more?
Photo Credit: Getty Images