This has to be one of the most mesmerizing and beautiful sights. Passengers on Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari got this huge treat when roughly 400 dolphins were leaping out of the water off the coast of Dana Point.
FUN FACTS ABOUT DOLPHINS
- They are super-smart! The evolution of their larger brains are similar to humans.
- There are nearly 40 species of dolphins.
- Most dolphins live in shallow water and 5 of the dolphin species live in rivers.
- They are carnivores.
- They are part of the Whale family and that includes Orcas.
- Killer whales are actually dolphins.
- They are very playful.
- Large pods of dolphins can have up to 1,000 members.
- Dolphins have acute eyesight in and out of the water.
- They can hear frequencies 10 times the upper limit of a human.
- They are very cute.