Fidget Spinners Are Exploding And Catching On Fire

 

Fidget spinners, the electronic gadget that claims to help kids focus, are now exploding and catching on fire! Two mothers in Alabama and Michigan said that their children’s fidget spinners burst into flames in the past few weeks. 

In both cases, the spinners were plugged into outlets charging when they spontaneously caught on fire and burned the surfaces they were placed on.

The mother from Alabama, Kimberly Allums, said:

We were about five or ten minutes from leaving the house for the day before this happened. My son noticed that it burst into flames and he just started screaming. I was downstairs and all I heard was ‘fire, fire’ and the fidget spinner had literally — it wasn’t smoking, it was in flames.”

The mother from Michigan, Michelle Carr, said her child's spinner was charging for less than 30 minutes:

They’re just simple, little things you spin and I love to play with them. I know there are tons of kids who want to go get them, but if you plug them in, just stay by and make sure it’s charged and it doesn’t catch [fire].”

Some of these popular fidget spinners have blue tooth capabilities and come with built in speakers and led lights. The Consumer Product Safety Commission is investigating the incidents and recommends consumers to stay with products while charging.

Tim Conway Jr

Tim Conway Jr

Listen to Tim Conway Jr. Weekdays from 6 PM - 10 PM on KFI AM 640! Read more

title

Content Goes Here