The Los Angeles City Council approved permit parking near Runyon Canyon due to high visitor volume. Councilwoman Nithya Raman requested permit parking to address parking challenges caused by non-resident hikers.
Residents can obtain parking permits to be exempt from new rules, including various parking restrictions. The LADOT can establish a Preferential Parking District if criteria like high parking occupancy are met.
Here is the list of locations where you can expect to see the parking permits enforced:
- Fareholm Court, between Fareholm Drive and the cul-de-sac
- Floral Avenue between Fareholm Drive and the cul-de-sac
- Granito Drive between Orange Grove Avenue and 7846 Granito Drive
- Binkley Drive between Granito Drive and the cul-de-sac
- Nichols Canyon Road between Hollywood Boulevard and 1875 Nichols Canyon Road
- Courtney Terrace between Hollywood Boulevard and Nichols Canyon Road
- Courtney Terrace between Courtney Avenue and cul-de-sac
- Stanley Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard and the cul-de-sac
- Curson Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard and Wattles Drive
- Wattles Drive between the 1900 block of Wattles Drive and Curson Avenue
- Curson Place at Curson Avenue (both the south and north intersection)
- Curson Terrace between Curson Avenue and the cul-de-sac
- North side of Hollywood Boulevard between Curson Avenue and Laurel Canyon
- Ogden Drive between Hollywood Boulevard and Hillside Avenue
- Hillside Avenue between the cul-de-sac west of Fairfax Avenue and Ogden Drive
- Orange Grove Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard and Fareholm Drive
- Hiller Place between Hollywood Boulevard and Hemet Place
- Hemet Place, between the cul-de-sac of Hiller Place and Fareholm Drive
- Laurel Canyon Boulevard between Hollywood Boulevard and Fareholm Drive
For more info, visit ABC7.