Just because the Disney parks are temporarily closed, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy some of those #DisneyMagicMoments at home!
They just released the recipe “inspired by the delicious snack that can be found at all of our parks across the globe"... That's right, their famous Disney Parks Churro Bites!
The recipe below serves four people (or just one if you really believe in yourself):
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
What to do:
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat this until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or strainer, and then drain the churro bites on a paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Toss in churro bites until coated.
Then just plate them up, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Check out the full recipe and cook up more magic on the Disney Parks Blog.