Neil’s “Krafty” Mac N’ Cheese with Sausage
(Yields about 8-9 dinner servings)
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 Lb. Large elbow pasta
- 1 Can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese condensed soup (10 ¾ OZ.)
- 1/2 soup can of Heavy Cream (about ¾ cup)
- ½ to ¾ Cup Kraft Mexican Four Cheese finely shredded cheese (or equal parts; Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Asadero & Queso Quesadilla cheeses)
- ½ Cup “DiGiorno Three Cheese” (or equal parts; shredded Parmesan, Romano, & Asiago)
- ½ Cup Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1/8 to ¼ tsp. Garlic salt
- 1Tbs.unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste, about; 1/4 tsp. salt ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Lb. Farmer John’s Classic Smoked Sausage (cut into ½ inch disks, then cut into fourths)
1. Cut sausage into ½ inch disks then cut into fourths (like for little pie pieces per disk). Heat skillet to medium/High heat and brown sausage. Remove from heat, drain fat and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cheddar cheese condensed soup plus the heavy cream. When warmed through, add “Mexican four cheeses” and the “Italian three cheeses” stirring to melt and keep from burning (lower heat if necessary). When all the cheese has melted, add the Velveeta cheese, stir until melted.
3. Add garlic salt, salt and pepper. Keep cheese sauce on low heat to keep warm while you prepare the pasta (but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn).
4. Cook pasta to manufacturer’s directions, drain, return pasta to pot and add butter. Pour in cheese sauce, add sausage, stir and serve!