An 11-year-old boy is being called a hero after rescuing his two-year-old sister from an apartment fire.
Laprentis Doughty ran out of the Salisbury, Maryland building after noticing a fire in the family's home, but immediately rushed back up to the second floor when he realized his baby sister Loyalty was still inside.
"If I didn't save my sister I would've been mad at myself because I could've saved her easily and I would've been mad at myself."
The boy suffered minor burns to his arm while making his second escape.
The blaze was sparked by an “unspecified electrical event at an outlet” in one of the second-floor bedrooms and the family lost everything.
They have set up a GoFundMe to raise funds while they get back on their feet.