On Friday, the Executive Director at SANDAG, Hasan Ikhrata will have his performance review. If you're like us and feel this clown needs to go, this is your chance to weigh in. Below is all the information on how to voice your opinion.
San Diego Supervisor Jim Desmond talked to John & Ken about why Ikhrata must go !
For public participation via Zoom webinar, click the link to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86829090764 Webinar ID: 868 2909 0764
To participate via phone, dial a number based on your current location in the US: +1 (669) 900-6833.
If you're unable to attend, you can write an email comments to the Clerk at email@example.com.
- In April of last year, a report came out showing over the past four years of credit card purchases, SANDAG spent over $2,485,001 of taxpayer dollars on their purchase card. Those charges include over $69,000 on restaurants, over $169,000 on Southwest Airlines and over $249,000 on bookstores.
- SANDAG’s Independent Auditor noted Improper, Questionable, and Unallowable Purchases
- In December 2021, SANDAG’s Board of Directors voted to remove the Mileage tax, yet the Executive Director went ahead and submitted the plan to the State with the tax in there
- It took the Board of Directors two more votes… In June 2022 and September 2022 to once again direct the Executive Director to remove the tax.
- And the transportation plan still has the tax, as the Executive Director disobeys the Board of Directors.
- He contributed personal money against SANDAG candidates who disagreed with him and contributed to elect people to SANDAG board who agreed with him.
- All for someone who makes $440,000 annual salary and yearly compensation totals over $600,000.
- San Diego County’s Regional Transportation agency’s (SANDAG) latest transportation plan is designed to make driving so expensive that you succumb to public transportation.
- SANDAG’s finance plan states, “Charging fees for the transportation infrastructure that people use—for example, charging users for each mile they drive on the highway—can change travel behavior.”