LOS ANGELES (CNS) - At least three students at Johnnie L. Cochran Middle School in Arlington Heights were sickened today after possibly ingesting an unknown substance.
Paramedics went to the campus in the 4000 block of Johnnie Cochran Vista about 11:35 a.m., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. Officers were sent to the scene on a ``possible overdose'' report, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. According to the LAFD, paramedics were tending to children who experienced an ``altered level of consciousness after possible exposure or ingestion of a yet-unknown substance.''
The incident involved children about 13 or 14 years of age, according to reports from the scene. At least one child was seen being transferred to an ambulance for hospital transport.