Malfunctioning Fireplace Triggers Blaze At Single-Story Home in Rossmoor

Christmas fireplace, stockings, gifts, tree, copy space

Photo: Getty Images

ROSSMOOR (CNS) - A malfunctioning fireplace triggered a blaze at a single-story home in Rossmoor, which wrought a total of $170,000 worth of damage to the structure, authorities said Sunday.

Firefighters dispatched at 11:59 p.m. Saturday to the 3100 block of Donnie Ann Road had the fire out within 30 minutes of their arrival, the Orange County Fire Authority reported.

The fire wrought $150,000 worth of damage to the structure and $20,000 worth of damage to its contents.

No injuries were reported.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content