1. Support: How can you support your loved one by understanding what they value most?
2. Communication: How are you communicating? Do you need a skill refresher to help you feel heard? Do you use active and reflective listening?
3. Planning: Look forward and plan. What do you want in life? What do you envision for the relationship? Where do you see yourselves in a year? Five years?
4. Promises: What did you promise? What can you promise? Rewrite the relationship contract yearly.
5. Time. When can you schedule time away as a couple? Time away together, even for an overnight, is essential to healthy relationships. Thriving couples make time to be alone together on a regular basis.
6. Honesty. How honest and open are you willing to be about your needs, desires, hopes, and fears? How deeply have you explored your past?
7. Fun. What brings you joy? What makes you feel most alive as a couple? What hobbies do you want to start or continue together?