Alec Baldwin was recently charged with involuntary manslaughter for his involvement in the tragic shooting that occurred on the Rust set.
- Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who was the film's head armorer, will also be hit with involuntary manslaughter.
- Alec and Hannah face a maximum sentence of 5 years behind bars if they are convicted of these charges.
- The Hutchins family attorney said, "We want to thank the Santa Fe Sheriff and The District Attorney for concluding their thorough investigation and determining that charges for involuntary manslaughter are warranted for the killing of Halyna Hutchins with conscious disregard for human life."
- The special prosecutor overseeing this case said,
"The evidence clearly shows a pattern of criminal disregard for safety on the Rust film set. In New Mexico, there is no room for film sets that don't take our State's commitment to gun safety and public safety seriously."
- Andrea Reeb continued, "If any one of these three people - Alec Baldwin, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, or David Halls - had done their job, Halyna Hutchins would be alive today. It's that simple."
- Alec Baldwin's attorney said,
"This decision distorts Halyna Hutchins’ tragic death and represents a terrible miscarriage of justice. Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun – or anywhere on the movie set. He relied on the professionals with whom he worked, who assured him the gun did not have live rounds. We will fight these charges, and we will win."