For many, coffee is the first thing consumed each morning.
- However, is it actually OK to be drinking coffee on an empty stomach?
- Dr. Byron Cryer, chief of internal medicine at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, recently told New York Times that it should be fine.
- “Coffee, even in a concentrated form, is not likely to cause objective injury to the stomach,” said Dr. Cryer. “And much less at the typical doses in usual beverages.”
- Dr. Cryer added, “There’s far more evidence for coffee’s benefits than harms."
- So, go ahead-have that morning coffee!