Veterinarians are warning people about the spread of dog flu.
- Canine flu tends to break out in pockets, and the virus can be highly contagious.
- Canine influenza is a disease that attacks cells in a dog’s respiratory tract.
- Similar to human flu, dog flu also spreads via respiratory droplets, including by sniffing and licking other dogs and objects.
- Infected dogs can also transmit the virus through barking, coughing and sneezing.
- Canine influenza can also occasionally infect cats, but never humans.