Here are the latest updates provided by Texas Governor Greg Abbott regarding the Texas School Massacre:
- 19 children have lost their lives.
- 2 faculty members were killed.
- 17 injured, injuries are not life threatening.
- All families have been notified regarding their children.
- The murderer was an 18-year-old, high school dropout.
- He has no previous criminal history, may have had a juvenile record - though that is not confirmed at this time.
- No known mental health diagnosis.
- He used an AR-15 rifle with two 23 rounds.
- Gunman posted to Facebook 30 minutes before his rampage. Those posts read:
"I'm going to shoot my grandmother."
"I shot my grandmother."
"I am going to shoot an elementary school."
- He shot his grandmother in the face. She was able to contact law enforcement following the shooting.
- He had a car accident outside of the school, ran inside through a back door, went into a classroom, and began opening fire.
- The classroom was connected to another classroom.
- 3 officers were injured.
- A member of law enforcement lost a child in this tragic shooting.
- Motive is still unknown.
According to CBS News, as of writing,
- Uziyah Garcia, 8
- Amerie Jo Garza, 9
- Annabelle Rodriguez, 10
- Eva Mireles - teacher
- Irma Garcia - teacher
are all confirmed as victims that have passed away.
Beto O'Rourke interrupted the press conference and was eventually escorted out.