After a long wait, long-lost siblings Pershawn Mattison and Tommy Carmichael have finally met.
- Mattison, who lives in Atlanta, knew for decades that she had a half-brother. He just happened to be in England.
- The father of Mattison and Carmichael was murdered in 1975, leaving Carmichael with very little information on his family.
- After finding Carmichael through Ancestry.com, the siblings connected online and made plans to meet.
- “Family is everything," Mattison said in an interview. "This is more than I could have ever hoped for.”
- Have you ever met a long-lost relative? Have you used sites like Ancestry.com to learn more about your family history?
Photo Credit: Getty Images