The Federal Reserve is expected to begin raising interest rates this week. So how will it affect your wallet?
- First off, any credit cards you own will probably see a bump in APR.
- Buying a new car? A quarter-point bump in interest rates will translate into roughly $2-3 a month extra on your car payment.
- Adjustable rate mortgages and home equity lines of credit will also be affected.
- What won't be affected? Federal student loans have a fixed rate, and interest on savings accounts is not influenced directly by the Fed.
- Do you follow current interest rates when deciding whether to make a big purchase?
Photo Credit: Getty Images