When Sivert Klefsass of Motley, Minnesota was 12 years old, his mom made him an offer: Stay off social media until he was 18 and she would pay him $1,800.
- He just cashed his check.
- Sivert's mom said she got the idea after seeing her older daughter struggle with self-esteem issues and depression from too much social media.
- Sivert admitted it was tough at times to feel "out of the loop" but his friends kept him up-to-date.
- "On the whole, I would say totally worth it. I mean, I would do it again."
- Sivert did, however, sign up for an Instagram account right away on his 18th birthday.
- Have you had any luck with special rules/guidelines/challenges to cut down on your teen's social media time?
Photo Credit: Getty Images