The 64th Annual Grammy Awards are officially postponed this year.
- The show was scheduled to take place on January 31st at Crypto.com Arena in downtown L.A.
- This is the second year in a row that COVID has forced a date change to the award show.
- A statement was released to the official Grammy website and read “The health and safety of those in our music community, the live audience, and the hundreds of people who work tirelessly to produce our show remains our top priority. Given the uncertainty surrounding the Omicron variant, holding the show on January 31 simply contains too many risks.”
- There has been no confirmation of a new date, but “The Daily Show's Trevor Noah is still scheduled to return as Grammy host.
- Do you think the Grammy’s should just take place virtually? Who is your favorite or most memorable Grammy performer from years past?
Photo Credit: Getty Images