Well, maybe the bright side is, it can still make a lot of delicious pies?!
- A Wisconsin man grew the biggest pumpkin in the U.S. this year - coming in at 2,520 pounds.
- However, it's not going in any official record books because it was disqualified.
- Why? Because of a tiny crack about the size of a fingernail.
- Mike Schmit grew the gargantuan gourd about 30 miles west of Fond du Lac.
- Unfortunately from the awkward way it was growing, it cracked.
- It would have been worth $20,000, but Schmit said he's not going to lose sleep over it. "It happens. There's no crying in pumpkin growing."
- Have you ever been so close to winning something huge only to have the tiniest thing stop it from happening?
Photo Credit: Getty Images