Talk about a rude awakening.
- Earlier this month, a woman in British Columbia woke up in the middle of the night thanks to a meteorite that crashed through her roof and landed on her pillow.
- Ruth Hamilton told Victoria News, "I just jumped up and turned on the light, I couldn't figure out what the heck happened."
- She called 911 and at first, officers thought the jagged chunk came from a nearby construction site.
- But, when cops talked with workers at the site, they reported seeing a bright "fireball" in the sky.
- After further inspection (and confirmation from astronomy experts at Western University in Ontario) -- turns out it was a meteorite.
- The woman says thankfully she wasn't hurt and her grandkids now think she's cool to have had a close encounter with a "space invader."
- Do you have a crazy story of something waking you in the middle of the night?
Photo Credit: Getty Images