A new TikTok trend has school districts around the country on high alert.
- For the month of October, students are reportedly being encouraged to slap a teacher and run away without getting caught.
- An official in Maryland called the TikTik trend "disturbing."
- Principals from Chicago to Baltimore have sent warning emails to parents that law enforcement will be called if a student assaults any staff member.
- TikTok released a statement calling the trend "an insult to educators" and said, "if at any point it shows up, the content will be removed."
- Has this happened in your school district? Last month, there was a challenge going around where students vandalized school property. Should TikTok be responsible for blocking more of this content?
Photo Credit: Getty Images