A landlord in South Florida is requiring new tenants over the age of 18 and any current tenants that want to renew a lease to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Santiago Alvarez told CNN he has no plan to change his rule despite threats from Gov. Ron DeSantis to fine businesses that mandate proof of vaccination.
- Alvarez said he made the decision after seeing too many of his tenants die from COVID-19.
- "I think my decision was right, and I will defend it any way I can. If I get fined, I will go to court with it."
- The landlord also requires his employees to be fully vaccinated.
- He told CNN two employees and two tenants have left as a result of his vaccination policies.
Photo Credit: Getty Images