Firefighters Mitigate Potentially Toxic Fumes from Smoky Automotive Fire

Photo: Getty Images

NORTHRIDGE (CNS) - A smoky fire was out when firefighters arrived at a Northridge automotive business but they had to mitigate fumes from the potentially toxic chemicals inside, authorities said today.

The fire was reported at 1:23 p.m. Sunday in a single-story commercial building at 18627 W. Parthenia St., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department's Nicholas Prange.

Firefighters observed a placard warning about hazards inside that included a warning not to use water to put out a fire, Prange said.

The fire was already out when firefighters arrived and they discovered the smoke was due to a mechanical failure, he said.

“Firefighters ventilated the area to evacuate the smoke and potentially toxic fumes,'' Prange said. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021, City News Service, Inc.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content