NORTHRIDGE (CNS) - A smoky fire was out when firefighters arrived at a Northridge automotive business but they had to mitigate fumes from the potentially toxic chemicals inside, authorities said today.
The fire was reported at 1:23 p.m. Sunday in a single-story commercial building at 18627 W. Parthenia St., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department's Nicholas Prange.
Firefighters observed a placard warning about hazards inside that included a warning not to use water to put out a fire, Prange said.
The fire was already out when firefighters arrived and they discovered the smoke was due to a mechanical failure, he said.
“Firefighters ventilated the area to evacuate the smoke and potentially toxic fumes,'' Prange said. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2021, City News Service, Inc.