Here's something you don't see - or hear - every day.
- A man from Guyana was busted at JFK International Airport in New York City on Monday for allegedly smuggling 35 live birds intended for "singing contests".
- Photographs show the tiny finches were stuffed inside hair rollers sealed with perforated netting and then attached to the inside of the man's jacket.
- Officials said these types of birds are often entered into "singing contests" in Brooklyn and Queens where people wager on the birds.
- A finch that wins these competitions can then sell for more than $10,000 according to authorities.
- What's the strangest thing you've seen someone carrying at the airport?
Photo Credit: Getty Images