Can you name the five richest men in the world as of today? 6 if you're really good.
As of close of the market Monday 8.17 it was and in this order:
- Jeff Bezos (Amazon) $188B and that's AFTER giving ex-wife $36B
- Bill Gates - (Microsoft) $121B
- Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) $99B
- Elon Musk (Tesla) $84.8B After a really good day
- Bernard Arnault (LVMH Moët Hennessy) $84.6B
- *Tim Conway Jr. (KFI- Weeknights 6-10P) $432.23
THAT'$ A GOOD DAY
Monday after shares of Tesla Inc. surged more than 11%, Musk's net worth increased by nearly $8 billion. His wealth has tripled this year- a surge of 300%.
Musk owns 20% of Tesla, and his compensation package with Tesla is tied up partially on the market cap of the company and every time Tesla hits a milestone he gets more stock options and MORE money. Also a substantial part of Musk's wealth comes from Space X, the space exploration and defense company.
- Just today Space X launched another batch of Starlink broadband satellites from Florida.
- According to CNBC, Space X is in the process of raising $1B in funding, which would put the value of the company at $44B.
Tesla had announced earlier this month that a five-for-one stock split, would be effective Aug. 31, to make its shares more accessible to a wider range of investors.