- New Zealand is postponing its general election as the country deals with a spike of new coronavirus cases.
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced voting will be pushed back by a month from September 19 until October 17.
- Many politicians in New Zealand have been pressuring the Prime Minister to delay the election saying the virus makes it impossible to campaign fairly.
- New Zealand held bragging rights by going virus-free for 102 straight days until cases started to surge in the past couple of weeks.
- The city of Auckland is currently under mandatory lock-down to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
More on this story The Guardian
Photo Credit: Getty Images