Woman Claims a Glove was Found in Husband's Food from Cheesecake Factory

A woman claims she found a glove in her husband's food from a Cheesecake Factory in Santa Monica.

Laurie Graham says she and her husband were at a work event and decided to order Cheesecake Factory through a delivery app to their hotel room.

"I went to the lobby of the hotel, received the order. It was completely sealed and packaged. I got upstairs and we began to eat our food, and my husband was eating his fettuccine alfredo, and he took a bite and he thought it was hard chicken or some overcooked cheese and come to find out, it was a latex glove that had been melted into the food."

Graham says she is very upset over this because of possible COVID exposure as her husband is considered high-risk.

"My husband is diabetic and high risk. Immediately it's like this pit in the bottom of your stomach and you just feel nauseous and sick. He ran to the bathroom. We've worked so hard during this pandemic to make sure that he's not around people, that we are being safe, social distancing, wiping stuff down going into hotel rooms, double cleaning and checking everything and here we have it simply enjoying what is a safe meal because it's sealed and protected and this happens."

Graham called the restaurant to tell them about the glove and says they offered her a $200 gift certificate as part of their apology.

The Senior Vice President of Operations from The Cheesecake Factory released a statement about the incident, saying the company takes food safety very seriously and will review procedures with the restaurant team.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content