2020 OC Fair Canceled Due To Coronavirus Pandemic

The 2020 OC Fair has officially been canceled...

Earlier this week, the board that oversees the fair voted unanimously to cancel the event this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. It was originally scheduled to start on July 17, and last three weeks. This is only the second time in it's 130-year history that the OC Fair has been canceled. The first cancellation was because of World War II.

“The decision to cancel the 2020 OC Fair was not taken lightly by the Board,” board Chair Sandra Cervantes said in a statement. “While many of our guests have expressed extreme disappointment over the idea of the 2020 Fair being canceled, we strongly believe it is the right thing to do in this current situation.”

This announcement comes after the San Bernardino and San Diego county fairs recently announced their cancellations. The California State Fair has been canceled as well. However, the LA County Fair is still scheduled to kick off on September 4.

Last year, the OC Fair saw more than one million attendees.

“I love going to the fair, but I think given the circumstances this year, that it should be canceled,” Ginny McEvoy, a former fair worker said.

Conway got to chat with Michele Richards, CEO of the OC Fair, about the decision to cancel this years event. Take a listen to the interview below:

If you had already bought Super Passes or concert tickets for the 2020 OC Fair, you can visit ocfair.com/refunds for refunds.

Find out more details on CBS Los Angeles.


Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado