Everyone is talking about 'The Whistleblower.'
You know who we're talking about. The whistleblower that says that the White House is trying to cover up a phone call President Trump made in July to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump asked that Zelensky investigate and 'dig up dirt' on Joe Biden's son.
The House Intelligence Committee released an unclassified version of the official complaint the whistleblower made. Read it here.
So....everyone wants to know exactly who this whistleblower is.
Well, no one is talking, and here's all we know about the whistleblower so far.
- They are identified only as a 'US intelligence official.' The New York Times has said it is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to the White House.
- They didn't personally hear the phone call between Trump and Zelensky, they heard about it from someone else
- The White House has NOT asked for the whistleblower to be identified. Acting Director of National Intelligence, Joseph Maguire, testified before the House Intelligence Committee and confirmed there has been NO such request from the White House.
- The Justice Department has said that the complaint is 'credible' but there is "some indicia of an arguable political bias." Something that President Trump has pointed out in tweets.
- The whistleblower has a tentative agreement to meet with lawmakers in private, but that would be contingent on the whistleblower's attorney being given security clearance to attend that meeting.
Photo Credit: Getty Images