Girl Rescued After Getting Stuck in Chimney of Inglewood Home


INGLEWOOD (CNS) - A teenage girl who became stuck inside the chimney of an Inglewood home was rescued by fire crews on Wednesday.

Crews were called to the single-family house in the 11000 block of Crenshaw Boulevard, near 110th Street, about 3:25 p.m., according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

The girl was breathing and conscious as crews on the roof broke up the masonry and freed her.

The soot-covered teen was freed about 3:55 p.m. and did not appear to be seriously injured.

The 14-year-old left something on the stove and locked herself out of the house so she decided to try and climb down the chimney, according to CBS2.

She had no visible injuries but was taken to a hospital to be examined, according the fire department.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content