Wanna know stuff like @ForkReporter?
Then read this!
We've scoured the internet in order to find some helpful tips and tricks for you, and we found them!
Plus we found a bunch of debunked myths!
First, we're going to start with cleaning tips.
Now, I know this isn't the sexiest topic in the whole world, but if you're going to take the time to make your family a meal worth eating, then you should probably be doing it in a safe setting.
Are you cleaning these things? You should be...
- Dish Rack - That place where you dry the dishes you eat off? Yep. It's growing germs.
- Drawers - What the point of washing your forks and knives if you store them with nasty stuff?
- Ice Cube Trays - Can you say E. coli?
- Reusable Grocery Bags - E. coli? Campylobacter? All the other stuff that raw meat carries? They're in there.
Want to be a master home chef? Consider these things...
- Don't Be Afraid To Splurge - Buy nice products once in a while. They'll encourage you and help your creativity.
- Check Your Inventory - There's no need to overbuy.
- Coll It On The Coupons - Just because you have the coupon, it doesn't mean you have to buy it.
- Know Stocking Day - That way you don't get to an empty grocery store.
- Seasonal Sales - Use them. You can always freeze the extras.
- Cut Your Own Produce - Precut produce is pricey, and it only takes a minute to do it yourself.
Want to eat a balanced diet? Then you should know that these things are all myths...
- Carbs Are Evil - They provide essential energy for your brain.
- Almond Milk Is Healthier - Maybe. It doesn't have the calcium and protein like cow's milk.
- Gluten-Free Is Good - Unless you have a gluten intolerance or celiac disease, calm down. Gluten-free products have a bunch of sugar.
- Sugar Is Bad - It's all about moderation. Many things have natural sugars. Plus it provides energy for your cells.
- 5-6 Small Meals Is Ideal - It really doesn't do much. There are ways to lose weight, but this isn't one of them.