Six Students Hospitalized, Possibly After Taking Marijuana Edibles


LOS ANGELES (CNS) - A half-dozen students at Palms Middle School were hospitalized today, with fellow students saying they ingested marijuana edibles.

Paramedics were sent to the school at 10860 W. Woodbine St. about 10:10 a.m., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Fire officials initially said six people had experienced a ``mild illness'' after coming in contact with or ingesting an unknown substance, and they were taken to hospitals for examination.

Two students told NBC4 at the scene that the patients were all female students in seventh and eighth grades, and all had ingested marijuana gummy edibles inside a girls' bathroom.

``They couldn't walk straight,'' one student told the station. ``One of them started rolling on the ground. Another started spinning around. So they were pretty messed up.''

It was not immediately known how the girls obtained the edibles.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content