(Photo: Getty Images)
E-books and audiobooks are incredibly efficient and often times, cheaper than their paper versions.
But what is cheaper than cheap you ask? Free I say!
Yes, that is right, you can spend nothing on your books by borrowing books (and audiobooks) for free from your local library and can then read them on your e-reader or tablet.
Not sure how to get started? Marc Saltzman breaks it down into 5 easy steps.
1. Get a library card if you don’t already have one.
2. Ensure you have an e-reader that supports borrowing from the library, and have a wifi connection.
3. If you’re on a Kobo, use OverDrive which allows you to browse, borrow and place holds on library books directly from your e-reader. If you are on a Kindle use the service Libby.
4. Start browsing book titles!
5. Download the book and enjoy! The default borrow time is usually a week.
Check out the rest of Marc's article on USA TODAY.