So many of us have been there.
We get the new cool filter, we add a softener, we boycott the faucet and just use it from a bottle.
We just have to get our water perfect.
Well, Dean Sharp "The House Whisperer" is here, and he has the answer.
Before, we had so much to deal with
- Municipal water can contain fluoride, chlorine and chloramines
- Well water can taste weird and have any number of leached contaminants in it
- Bottled water wastes plastic
- Hard water leaves mineral scale deposits on tile, glass and metal
We've tried to solve the problems before
- Reverse Osmosis Filters
- Pro - thoroughly filters water
- Con - non-stainless steel tanks rust from the inside
- Con - removes too much, leaving water demineralized and acidic
- Con - wastes 6 gallons of water to make 1 filtered gallon
- Water Softeners
- Pro - removes calcium and magnesium from water = no scale deposits
- Con - removes calcium and magnesium from water = no health benefits
- Con - adds trace amounts of sodium to water
- Con - removal of calcium/magnesium makes water feel “slimy”
- Maintenance - requires constant maintenance and salt refills
- Under Sink Filters
- Pro - filters contaminants, leaves minerals
- Con - filter quality varies widely
- Con - doesn’t address hard water scale
- Con - only filters water at that location
- Con - usually requires an extra faucet
- Maintenance - requires regular filter replacement
(Man, that was depressing...)
Now, though, we have the answer!
- Whole House Filtration & Salt-Free Water Conditioning System
- Pro - maximum quality filtration without removing beneficial minerals
- Pro - covers all water throughout house
- Pro - no specialty faucets
- Pro - eliminates scale deposits without removing calcium and magnesium
SCM (scale control media) or TAC (template assisted crystallization)
- Pro - doesn’t leave water “slimy”
- Pro - doesn’t add sodium
- Pro - doesn’t waste water to filter water
- Pro - little to no maintenance for 10-20 years
- Con - NONE!
Finally! We know the key to perfect water! Yayyy!!!
Learn more this Sunday on Home with Dean Sharp "The House Whisperer"