Anaheim Man Gets Over 56 Years to Life for Sex Assaults

WESTMINSTER (CNS) - An Anaheim man was sentenced to 56 years to life in prison today for assaulting three women in Orange, Anaheim and Santa Ana over a one-week period in December 2013.

Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Bokosky said at the onset of the trial that Raymond Martin Boykin, 22, was ``a predator of women. ... He attacked three different women in three different cities ... and he did so to satisfy his own sexual desires.''

Boykin was convicted in June 2017 of three counts of forcible oral copulation and single counts each of assault with the intent to commit forcible oral copulation, leading police on a chase, car theft and second-degree robbery, all felonies.

According to the prosecutor, a Chapman University student was walking along Chapman Avenue about 3 a.m. Dec. 7, 2013, when Boykin grabbed her and pulled her into a parking lot. A passing motorist saw the struggle and stopped to help, prompting Boykin to take the victim's phone and ran away, Bokosky said.

On Dec. 11, 2013, a 19-year-old woman was heading home after shopping at the MainPlace Mall in Santa Ana when the defendant forced his way into her car and attacked her, Bokosky said. The woman struggled to find her phone to dial 911, but he took it away and threatened her with a knife.

``She is afraid she is going to die, so she complies'' with his demand that she perform a sex act, Bokosky said.

At some point during the struggle, she managed to tumble out of the passenger-side door and ran away, Bokosky said.

Boykin was in the mall earlier attempting to take advantage of a ``free phone'' offer at a Verizon store, but he didn't have enough money to pay the taxes on the device, Bokosky said. After the sexual assault, he went back to the store with the victim's money to complete the deal, the prosecutor said.

On Dec. 13, 2013, a 42-year-old woman leaving a service at Sa Rang Community Church in Anaehim was attacked while getting into her 1999 Lexus, Bokosky said. Wielding a stun gun, the defendant demanded she perform a sex act on him, Bokosky said.

The woman, ``who understands very little English,'' struggled with the defendant, who punched her and used the stun gun on her, the prosecutor said.

The victim also suffered a bite mark on her back during the three- to five- minute struggle, Bokosky said. Eventually, she was able to get out of the car and run for help from a pedestrian, who called police.

Boykin drove off in the woman's car, but the officer who took the report of the sexual assault saw the defendant ``joyriding'' in the Lexus with a few friends about 10:30 a.m. the same day, Bokosky said.

When the officer attempted to stop Boykin, he drove off and led police on a chase. He fled to an apartment building at 517 E. Sycamore St., where he locked himself in a bathroom but was arrested.

Photo: Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content