LOS ANGELES (CNS) - The Los Angeles Police Department submitted three potential sexual assault cases against disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein to prosecutors for consideration of possible charges, the District Attorney's Office confirmed today.
``Three cases were presented to our office on Feb. 1 by the Los Angeles Police Department regarding Mr. Weinstein and are under review,'' according to Greg Risling, spokesman for the District Attorney's Office.
No other details were released.
The office is also believed to be reviewing two other possible cases previously submitted by the Beverly Hills Police Department.
Weinstein, who has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct or assault, is also being investigated by police in New York and London. Weinstein has repeatedly denied having any non-consensual sex.
District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in November she had created a specialized task force in her office to evaluate cases of ``sexual abuse in the entertainment industry.'' She said the task force includes ``specially trained'' sex-crimes prosecutors who will review cases to determine if criminal charges are warranted.
Photo: Getty Images