Following numerous actors coming forward with sexual harassment claims, House of Cards star Kevin Spacey is now seeking ‘treatment’ for his past alleged misdeeds.
Both U.S. filmmaker Tony Montana and Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp have accused Spacey of making sexual advances on the two when they were both only 14-years-old. The two incidents happened at separate times and are not connected.
A spokesperson for Spacey said he will be “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time,” according to the BBC. The spokesperson did not specify what treatment the actor is pursuing.
The Old Vic Theater in London, where Spacey was the artistic director for eleven years, released a statement saying it was “deeply dismayed” by the allegations. The statement also added an email address that was set up for anyone else to make confidential complaints about inappropriate behavior, in regards to the House of Cards star or anyone else.
Montana claims that he was groped by Spacey in a Los Angeles bar in 2003, leaving him with PTSD for six months. Spacey allegedly “forcefully grabbed his crotch,” reports the New York Times. Montana told Radar Online that the incident happened at Coronet Bar when he was in his 30s.
Spacey told Montana that the act “designated ownership,” reports Mediaite.
“People react differently to trauma. With what happened to me was an immediate form of helplessness. The bar was my safe place. This person of out nowhere, who I know is famous, who is misbehaving and has a license to misbehave and this is happening to me… He then followed me into the restroom and he followed me in. It was all very strange,” Montana told Fox News.
Rapp was the first to come forward and told Buzzfeed News on Monday that the actor tried to “seduce” him as a 14-year-old. Spacey claims that he did not recall the encounter.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazo recently claimed that Spacey "routinely preyed" on young male actors. “It seems that it only took a male under 30 to make Mr. Spacey feel free to touch us,” Cavazos posted on Facebook.
Production of the sixth season of House of Cards has been suspended following these sexual assault allegations against Spacey. A Netflix representative said the decision to end the series in 2018 had already been made months ago.
Variety reports that Netflix is considering a spin-off, set in the same political world.